Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Who doesn't like the beach?

Today we went to visit my sister in Huntington Beach. It's an hour and a half drive from our home. We left the house after Jazelle woke up from her morning nap. Kaleb seemed very excited to go to auntie Latorr's house, and wouldn't stop talking about it. The drive went pretty well towards the end Jazelle started to get really fussy. She doesn't like to be sitting back in her chair for long periods of time, she always tries to sit up in her car seat. Anyways so we made it to Latorr's house, got out stretched, and changed into our swim suits. The weather was supposed to be cloudy with thunderstorms that day but ended up sunny and beautiful. We went to lunch and of course that was a circus. Kaleb is a very active boy, we went to BJ's for lunch just down the street from the Beach, Kaleb was jumping all over the bench as usual and that caused him to throw up all of his lunch! yes it was a mess. so I got him all cleaned up, and before we leave the restaurant he has peed all over his swimming trunks! and it's dripping on the floor! I don't get it! He was wearing a swim diaper too! so yes a lot has happened before we even make it to the beach. So we finally leave and I have to carry Kaleb because his shoes are all wet from me washing them in the sink. We get to the beach and Kaleb does not like to walk in the sand apparently! so I have to carry him again to the spot where we would lay our stuff. Meanwhile my sister and her friend are carrying the stroller with Jazelle in it. It's a lot of work when you have kids!


Kaleb's reaction to the beach! The sand and water!
Later he told me the waves scared him.

A nice Family photo

Auntie Latorr and Kaleb


Kaleb had to bring his squirt bottle, and enjoyed spraying everyone.

Jazelle just loves being outside.

Towards the end of our adventure at the beach the kids were getting very restless. Kaleb does not do well without a nap, and we were way past due. So we decided to head back home. I knew it was going to take forever because of the LA traffic. I was glad that both of my cuties fell asleep on the way home.

Kaleb and Jazelle just love visiting their Aunties. Kaleb always asks to go visit auntie Destiny at her work. She works at a Vetrinarians office. He says he wants to go see the "puppies at the hospital" We visited a few weeks ago and he had a blast. there were at least 10 dogs roaming the office, Destiny told me they were all her bosses dogs. And like always Jazelle was being passed around to everyone. She's so good and doesn't mind a bit. I am so grateful to have family around that love my kids and like to help me.

No comments: