Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We're leaving on a Jet plane!

Yes we are taking a vacation! to.... Drum roll please! New York! and Connecticut! we are so excited! Jason has a few jobs up there so he invited Kaleb and I to join him and make it a vacation. Because when else will I go? with baby #2 on the way. We are leaving Wed. April 9th at 6 am. Does anyone have any pointers for a long 6 hour plane rides with a toddler? That is the only thing we are dreading. Kaleb can't sit still for a minute. I picture myself walking up and down the plane isles with Kaleb and everyone staring as we walk back and forth. hmm any tranquilizers haha. Well we plan on seeing alot of stuff, and one of our hotels is located down the street from ground 0. I here it's really cold there too. well anyways we are so excited! New York here we come!

4 comments:

Ellingsons said...

That is so exciting! I have done too many 4 hour flights with Kathryn so here are some of my tips: buy new toys/books/whatever and don't show them to him until you are on the plane and then only one at a time, bring a DVD player and a couple different shows, bring healthy food and yummy treats you know he'll eat, and a little dose of Tylenol (Benadryl makes her hyper not sleepy). Most of all, just relax and go with the flow. Don't try to make him the best behaved 2 yr. old because it'll just drive him and you crazy. I've made this too long but I hope some of these tips help. Have so much fun!!

Ellingsons said...

That is so exciting! I've done too many 4 hour flights with Kathryn so here are some of my tips: bring new toys/books/whatever that he hasn't seen and show them to him on the plan one at a time, a DVD player and a couple different shows, bring healthy food and yummy snacks you know he'll eat, a good dose of Tylenol (Benadryl makes Kathryn hyper not sleepy), and most of all just relax. Don't worry about making him the best behaved 2 yr old because you'll just drive him and yourself crazy. I've gone on and on but I hope some of these tips help. Have so much fun!!

jamie t. said...

How fun! We lived in NYC so we loved it there. You'll have a great time. I've done that flight a couple of time and my advice is similar to Camila's. Being healthy treats that don't have a lot of sugar. DVD players are great and just don't stress. I've found 95% of the time everyone is really willing to help and are pretty understanding. I stood a lot in the back with Anna when we did the trip. Good luck and congrats on #2!

Shay said...

having little presents wrapped up for him to open every hour may be fun! and the medicine helps to keep fluid running through his head and not just to drug the kid. they don't have ther ability to realease pressure! you'll have a ball! take tons of pictures!