Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Growing up


Saturday we went out looking for a BIG BOY bed for Kaleb. We decided it was time becacause Jazelle is out growing her bassinet. Since Kaleb was climbing in and out of his crib everynight and morning we figured he was ready for a big bed. Before we gave him lots of warnings that jazelle would be sleeping in the crib and he would have a new bed! We tried to make it exciting for him. And he understood very well and was excited. So we went to a couple stores after naptime that saturday, and finally found the one! We were at Babies-R-Us and found this beautiful bed and we gave kaleb a chance to pick out his new bedding, he picked The Sports theme then changed his mind because he saw a Lightening McQueen bed, but I wanted to have something simple. Plus the sports makes him look like a big boy. We purchased the bed and went to Walmart across the street to find a cheaper mattress. After being there for a 1/2 trying to get someone to help us get a mattress down we left and headed over to Target, where we bought the same mattress we have in the crib. 

Jason and Kaleb both put the bed together after church while I was at Choir practice. I came home, and Kaleb was so excited to show me his bed he says.. "Mom come check this out!" That night we decided to have Kaleb sleep in his new bed, since he did not take a nap that day he was exhausted, and fell asleep within 5 min. We kept checking on him and he would be fast asleep still. He not once got out of his bed! the whole night.






So now that Kaleb was in his new bed I decided to try and move Jazelle into the crib. Yesterday I layed her in it and she seemed to enjoy it. She looked around, kicked her feet and smiled. Yay she likes it. So Monday I decided to start having her sleep in it. I layed her in it for all her naps, and shse did great, I just turn on the Fish aquarium mobile and she falls asleep. Since Kaleb and Jazelle both take an afternoon nap I decided to try and have them sleep in the same room together, since they are going to be sharing. It took awhile for them both to fall asleep and they eventually did. I even got a nap in myself. I was surprised that Kaleb stayed quite during naptime, while Jazelle was sleeping. So I wanted to try having Jazelle sleep in the crib at night, that wasn't so easy. Last night she woke up alot and woke kaleb up because she was so loud so I decided to bring her back to her bassinet after getting up 3 times in 3 hours. So I will stick to naps only for now. I just can't believe how much my kids are growing Jazelle is 6 months today! And Kaleb just keeps surprising us everyday. He is so smart. I was a little frustrated yesterday because he doesn't listen when I tell him No, and he says "Mommy be calm!" WHAT! I have a 2 yr old telling me to be calm. 



4 comments:

jamie t. said...

What a big step! I hope the transitions go well. Your little sweet heart is getting so big. She is adorable.

Amber said...

Jazelle is such a doll. She is getting SO big. I can't believe it.

"Party of Five" said...

Oh your babies are growing up so fast! I only get to play on the computer like once a month so when I peek at all my friends Im amazed at how old we are all getting! I glad things are good in youee home!

Twerty Girl said...

Aw Sherry, so adorable! I'm sorry that Jazelle isn't sleeping through the night yet, I hope she starts learning that mommy needs her sleep! She is so beautiful and growing so fast!! Congrats to Kaleb on his big boy bed!