Tuesday, January 26, 2010

7 yr Anniversary Surprise

December 28th 2009, Jason and I celebrated our 7yr wedding anniversary.
We were so fortunate to have his parents in town visiting to watch our kids.
Jason had planned a surprise trip and did not give me any clues.

I was only told to wear nice clothes, so My mother in law and I went out shopping the night before.

The next day we got dressed up, packed and headed out.
As we were driving on the 5 freeway I still couldn't guess where we were headed to, until I saw him get off on the LAX Airport exit!
I asked are we going to the airport? he said maybe!! I was so excited!

We arrived at LAX and figured out we were going to San Fransisco!
He then told me we were flying First Class! oh it was so much fun, I had never flown 1st class before what a difference.

We landed in San Fransisco and took a Taxi to our Hotel. It was the 1st and dirtiest Taxi I have ever been in! I mean yuck!
We arrived at our beautiful Hotel in downtown, that afternoon.


So as soon as we settle our stuff down we head out!
First we go and find a place to buy me some more comfortable shoes, all I have brought were my boots, and with all the walking my feet were killing me.

Then we head to the mall for lunch, and shopping some more for a jacket for Jason.
It was a bit cold in San Fran, after walking what seemed like forever we finally found something.
Now we were both comfortable.

We weren't sure what we were going to do that night a movie or going to do the raffle for Wicked!
We decided to try for the raffle, but instead ended up buying tickets for that night's show! We got a great deal because someone had cancelled. We got 6th row from the center seating.
The show didn't start for another 2 hrs so we headed back to the hotel.

On our way back it was getting dark and we had went down the wrong street to get to our hotel.
The street was very dirty, there are a lot of homeless in San fran and that already makes me uneasy. So we are walking and there are random people standing and talking, as we pass they murmur something, and I notice start to follow us! ok I was scared already and this wasn't helping, so we are walking as fast as we could. We pass other people on the way up the hill trying to sell drugs to us! agh! we just wanted to get out of there.
Thankfully we made it to our hotel.
We had a delicious dinner before the show and walked a different way to the Theater.
The show was amazing.

It was raining when we got out of the theater so we caught a cab home.

The next day we got to sleep in!!
Then took the trolley down to Ghiradelli square and Fisherman's Warf.






We had such a wonderful time together and I am grateful for everything Jason has done for me and our family. He is such a wonderful husband and father.
I love you Babe!














2 comments:

Camille said...

How fun!!! What a great surprise!! I'm so glad you got to see Wicked!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! Happy Anniversary to you guys!!

Michelle said...

I am so jealous! But so happy that you got a weekend away and had fun. :)