Monday, October 22, 2007

Fire! Fire!

So this weekend was pretty eventful. We had very strong winds, which caused many fires. It started out Sunday afternoon as I was driving home I could see alittle puff of white smoke over the mountain, and thought "oh great!" so housrs later I had put Kaleb down for a nap and went to check on the progress and the whole sky had turned brown! a few hours later it had turned Black! and very smokey. we started to worry at this point. As brave as my husband is he went on the roof a few times to take pictures, and scope things out! Then as my neighbor came knocking on my door to tell me the hill was on fire in our housing community, Jason comes in screaming. well it was very scary and I'm glad to be back home! For the record this is our second fire we had to evacuate for, we were in the 2003 Stevenson Ranch fire also!


The house behind our house, you can kinda see the flames.

The hills on fire next to our house


The day after the fire, the hill next to our house.

Kaleb

A house that burnt down, up Camp Plenty st. up the hill from where we live.

We are so Grateful for the Brave Firefighters, that keep us safe.

Keep them in your prayers.

2 comments:

Denise Stears said...

I can't believe that. I'm so glad that everything was okay for you. It sad to see Canyon Country like that. I have been watching the news and on the internet reading about this. It's really sad.

Rebecca said...

We didn't even get smoke where I live.