Sunday, September 7, 2008

Date Night

Saturday night Jason and I had the opportunity to go on a date night! Finally, I am so grateful for my sister for watching Kaleb for us. Our night consisted of dinner and going to see the Body Worlds 3 Exhibit at the California Science Center.

The Exhibit consisted of real human bodies, posed in a variety of positions, that have undergone a process called “plastination” to preserve them. The show also features healthy and diseased organs side by side for a visual comparison. My most favorite part was looking at the stages of Life which included Placenta's, and Fetus's from 5 weeks to 32 weeks! It was very real seeing it in real life because you only hear and see in magazine's what they look like. It was also very sad knowing that these precious babies have passed. The most amazing thing was to see a 9 week old fetus had fingers and toes! all so tiny. As for the Adult human bodies it was very educational to see what your insides looked like. All the muscles and even your brain! Next Time you all should check it out at least once. It was so nice to spend the time with Jason and just talk. He is such a hard worker and I Love him so much. I hope to have many more Date Nights!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a fun evening. I think this exhibit looks fascinating. I almost took my sisters when they came out. I'll have to make it down some other time.