Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Good Morning!"

So some of you have known that I have had some problems with Kaleb and what time he's been waking up in the morning. Here's the deal... Kaleb started waking up cranky in the morning, so I thought he must not be getting enough sleep! so I moved his bedtime from 8 - 7:30pm he seemed a little bit more rested but still a little cranky. We continued this for about a month or so then he started waking at 6 am then suddenly moved to 5- 5:30 am. I wanted to pull my hair out! Since I wasn't getting enough sleep myself. So after getting tired of this, we decided to move his bedtime back to 8 -8:30. And we've explained to him time and time again that when the sun goes down and the moon comes out it is night time time to sleep, and when the suns comes out and it is light it is time to wake up! We've also told him not to call out for mommy when it is still dark because she is sleeping, it took a while for this to sink in but he finally got it! This morning, I usually wake up conscientiously at 5 since I was used to it, didn't hear a peep. Then fell back asleep till 7am! went into his room and by my surprise he was standing in his crib with his little crib aquarium toy on waiting for me to get him. I happily and excitedly said "Good Morning" with a great big smile on my face, and he returned the favor by saying "Good Morning" I missed you!" oh how sweet. He gave me a big hug as I picked him up from his crib. Now my recent struggle with him is nap time! aaahhh!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

YAY!!! I hope that this new pattern stays!

Brady Fam said...

I loved how you wrote that all up, ending with a "next step." An "oh how precious" thought, to a "oh ya, reality. More to do." So cute.