Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bryce Gottfredson

He is here and I couldn't be any more happier. I was scheduled to have my c-section on 7/7/10. Was also told to be at the hospital no later than 10:30am, which meant my c-section would be in the afternoon. My mom and Aunt came down in the morning to watch Kaleb and Jazelle. Jason and I drove down to Mission Hills, went into admissions and had to sign papers, and pay the copay $300. Then they wheeled me off into Labor and delivery. I really wanted to walk because I was capable but it was procedure or something.

Checked into labor and delivery, got changed into the gown and sat around waiting. As we arrived there they were so busy, 3 women were about to give birth and the nurses were trying to locate doctors. I was taken to a room hooked up to the monitors and waited some more.

The nurse came to give me my IV. I was nervous this time because it took 3 times my last pregnancy for them to get it right. It only took her one try I was so relieved. Then a few minutes later my arm started to swell up, the IV was leaking! Once again she had to do it over.
My blood pressure was high at this point and the nurses were getting worried, told me to relax, I tried but was so nervous and anxious. We were told that we were being pushed back because of an Emergency, so i had to wait even longer, I was so hungry and thirsty at this point but still could not eat or drink. Jason hadn't had breakfast either and was getting hungry.
My blood pressure kept going up and staying high, they ordered blood tests and called the doctor.
Finally it would be my turn to go in, as I entered the cold operating room the nerves again started to race, in the corner one nurse was counting the instruments, and I was being prepped for my spinal. Finally the doctors come in and start. This time it seemed like it took forever to get him out, they pushed, tugged, and even used the vacuum, and he was out!






Jason says the nurse was "picture happy" and I am glad for that, you can never get enough pictures.

A healthy 5lb 9oz Boy

While waiting in the recovery room, Jason had brought Bryce to me, I could not even hold him then because I was so dizzy and nauseous. I got to have ice chips but did not feel any better. My good friend Jen Medina came to visit me after work. She got a job at the same hospital.
I was finally able to go to my room. Jason and Bryce were there waiting for me.



"Some people only dream of Angels, I hold one in my arms"

Proud Daddy

They were excited to meet Bryce.

Proud Big Brother

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love those to close ups of his face. Such sweet kissy lips!

jamie t. said...

What a doll! Congrats :)

Alison said...

Congratulations! Reading your post reminded me of all the anxiety I felt when I had my c-section with Megan. No fun. Hope your recovery is going well.