Thursday, August 13, 2009

Children's Garden


This past week I invited a friend of mine and her daughter to join us for a day at The Huntington Library. The Huntington is a huge garden, and every month they have a free day, where you have to request tickets to go. I had requested 5 tickets and was able to invite a friend. Let me tell you what an adventure we had. This place was 50min away from where we live and it took us an hour and a half! to get there. I had printed directions from Mapquest and we still got lost. We went from missing the freeway sign to not seeing any of the street signs. After driving around and around we decided to stop at a gas station and ask for directions. The Gardens were right under our noses practically. The Mapquest directions were so wrong. And it was worse that neither of us were good at directions. I always get lost while driving somewhere new. We sure wished we had a GPS.
We finally arrived, the weather was beautiful, the trees and flowers too.
Cori and Rian

Kaleb and his "cheese" face!

The children's garden had water features! that's where we were most of the time.


Jazelle, Kaleb and I.



Kaleb and Rian.

No comments: